Cranberries are one of my favorite holiday ingredients. I use five spice in this sauce but you can leave it out if you prefer. You can also modify the amount of honey in this recipe to make it more or less sweet as desired.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh orange
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan on medium high heat, stirring well.
- Bring the mixture to boil and then turn down to a simmer. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until most of the berries are broken, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve at room temperature or store in refrigerator.