Serves: 10 (1/2 cup serving)
Prep Time: 5 minutes/Cook Time: 20 minutes
This granola is for people that do well with nuts – because that’s most of what it is. So if you’re just starting a SIBO diet, start with small portions and see what type of reaction you have. If you know you’re fine with nuts then enjoy this fall and winter spiced granola over yogurt, a smoothie bowl or for a morning breakfast cereal with your choice of SIBO friendly milk.
- 1 cup unsweetened large coconut flakes.
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces
- 1 cup raw pepitas
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the coconut flakes, almonds, pecans, walnuts, pepitas, chia seeds and dried cranberries on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix the pumpkin pie spice, sea salt, oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour the spice mixture over the nuts and stir thoroughly until all nuts are coated.
- Spread the nuts out on the sheet evenly.
- Bake the nuts for approximately 9 minutes.
- Stir the nuts and then make sure they are spread evenly on pan.
- Bake for another 9 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in a Mason jar or other airtight container. Keeps for approximately two weeks on the counter.