Here’s another slow cooker recipe that’s perfect for those hot, busy days of summer when you don’t feel like turning on the oven or spending too much time cooking. Pair these with some melon or a tomato and cucumber salad.
3 pounds baby back ribs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup clover honey
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
1 tablespoon garlic oil
2 chopped green onions (green parts only)
1. Rub the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper (optional) over the ribs.
2. Place the spiced ribs on the bottom of the slow cooker.
3. Cover the slow cooker, turn to low and cook ribs for four or five hours or until tender and falling off the bone.
4. When ribs are almost done, place the coconut aminos, clover honey, ginger, and garlic oil in a small sauce pan and whisk together.
5. Cook the sauce over medium heat until it begins to bubble and thicken. Reduce heat as needed so sauce doesn’t boil over.
6. Reduce the sauce by about half, until it’s thick.
7. Remove the ribs from the crock pot and place them on a serving plate.
8. Pour the sauce over the ribs, making sure to get sauce on each rib.
9. Sprinkle the green onions over the coated ribs. Serve immediately.
I don’t eat red meat or chicken. Is there a substitute in your meat recipes? I do eat seafood.
Hi Maureen, I have more seafood recipes in my book, The SIBO Diet Plan, which is available on Amazon: https://amzn.to/325lcJi
What is coconut aminos?
Coconut amimos can be used as a replacement to soy.