The combination of pork, grass-fed ground beef and liver make this burger super tasty and nutrient dense. If you don’t tolerate or like pork, you can use 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or any other preferred ground meat. These burgers make great leftovers and can be served with grilled veggies or a small salad. Makes 5-8 hamburgers Ingredients:
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 pound organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1/4 pound organic beef or chicken liver, pureed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onions
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs (without garlic) or 3 tablespoons fresh herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
- If the liver is not already pureed, place it in a food processor and blend until it is liquified.
- Thoroughly mix together all ingredients, except oil, in a large bowl.
- Form patties by hand. Depending on the size, you should wind up with 5-8 patties.
- Heat large skillet on medium high and then add oil.
- When oil is hot, add four patties. Cook approximately 5 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness.
- Start a second batch of patties after the first is done, adding more oil first as needed.
- Serve with lettuce, pesto, bacon or whatever sounds delicious!