This cracker recipe is adapted from a recipe from the NUNM Food as Medicine Institute FAME program.
Using garlic oil is a good way to get the taste of garlic without using high FODMAP garlic cloves.1/4 cup of almond flour is low FODMAP.
1 ¾ cups almond flour/meal
1/2 t salt
1/4 cup finely chopped herbs such as rosemary, thyme, sage and/or basil
1 T garlic oil, or melted ghee, butter or coconut oil
1 egg or egg substitute
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine almond flour, salt and chopped herbs in a large bowl.
3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients by pushing them to the side.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the middle and then mix all ingredients together until combined.
5. Shape the dough into a ball.
6. Press the dough onto the middle of a large piece of parchment paper and top with a piece of the same size.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to approximately 1/8 inch thickness. Thinner dough will produce crispier crackers.
8. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and discard.
9. Score the dough into 2 inch squares or diamonds using a pizza cutter.
10. Leaving the dough on the parchment, move to a cookie sheet.
11. Bake at 350 for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Cool, break crackers apart, and serve.