The delicious flavor from the spices along with the crisp crust from the yogurt marinade makes this an easy recipe that looks and tastes like you did a lot of work!
- 1 cup 24 hour yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint
- 4 strips lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 4-6 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
- Sea salt to taste
- Place all ingredients, except chicken and salt, in a blender and blend until incorporated and smooth.
- Put chicken in a large zip lock bag or a rectangle pan and cover with marinade. Marinate chicken overnight.
- For cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade, leaving marinade on chicken.
- Add chicken pieces to a cookie sheet and space evenly. For larger amounts of chicken, use two pans so chicken isn’t overly crowded.
- Lightly salt each piece of chicken.
- Dispose of additional marinade left behind.
- Bake for 50 minutes (longer for larger pieces) or until golden brown and completely cooked.