This is a great basic recipe for those starting out on a SIBO diet. Peeled and pureed veggies are easier to digest for those who have leaky gut. Ingredient amounts aren’t listed on this recipe because it’s up to you how big or small of a batch you’d like to make and which taste you want to be the most prevalent. Taste as you go and play with your food! Ingredients:
- Carrots (6 or more)
- Coconut oil (1 T or more), ghee, butter or other preferred healthy fat
- Cinnamon or cumin or curry (1 t or more – optional)
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the carrots.
- Steam the carrots until they are very soft.
- Place the carrots and the coconut oil in a food processor. Blend until the carrots are pureed and the mixture is well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. For a sweeter taste, add cinnamon. For a more savory taste, try cumin or curry. There are lots of spice options so try whatever sounds good! Mix until spices are incorporated and serve.