I like a custard that is a bit “eggier” than most so I created this version. It’s a great dessert or snack since it’s full of protein and healthy fat. Makes 8 ramekin servings Ingredients: 8 organic eggs 1/2 cup honey (or less depending on your desired sweetness) 3 cups milk (nut, coconut or lactose free dairy) 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder cinnamon (optional) Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a tea kettle of water.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix.
- Pour from blender into medium sized ramekins.
- Add ramekins to rectangle pan and pour in hot water to create a water bath.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes (more or less time depending on your desired custard texture).
- Wearing oven mitts, remove the ramekins from the water bath and carefully discard hot water.
- Cool the individual custards in refrigerator for several hours and serve.
Thank you for this recipe! I’ve tried others and they haven’t worked out well with the gum free almond milk I buy. Always too wobbly. Must need the extra egg, these turn out great!
I’m so glad it worked for you Heather!